Biting Cold - Chloe Neill I was really angry after reading Hard Bitten and frustrated and confused after Drink Deep. Parts of me feel the series made great strides redeeming itself and other parts are still waiting to see where this continues to go. Merit is a great lead. She is sassy, strong willed, a great fighter and willing to stand up for the entire city of Chicago. All of these make for great stories, but also spell trouble for the Cadogan House of vampires. With the GP watching them, being in the spotlight is not necessarily the best thing for the house.

I don't know how to hide spoilers, so for those of you that have read Hard Bitten and not Drink Deep, this limits my review, so I will avoid that topic completely. This book resolved some ongoing series issues. We finally found out what the former mayor Seth Tate was. Mallory dealt with her fallout from the previous book. We see what Merit's grandfather's crew is doing now that the new mayor has done away with their special team. I loved really taking my time reading this book. My only disappointment was that in Drink Deep, Merit spent a great deal of time getting to know her partner in the Royal Guard, and then suddenly in this book, he was almost completely absent, it was a bit jarring. She spent the entire book with her house members, and members of her grandfather's team. I felt there should have been more explanation for this change, I know there was an obvious reason, but I think the character should have dealt with it a bit more. Either way, I greatly enjoyed this book and look forward to more books!