Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward Waiting for this book to come out I worried that I would not enjoy reading about Manny and Payne. I have to admit, I haven't enjoyed the books without Brotherhood members as the male lead as much as the others. I also worried that Qhuinn and Blay's story line would get put in as a backstory and not get the treatment their story deserves. I become even more worried about that halfway through the book as we kept flipping to Qhuinn dealing with his feelings for Blay. Luckily, I was surprised on both accounts. Qhuinn and Blay still have a lot to deal with, if they ever do, and I enjoyed the story line between Manny and Payne. I was also surprised by the lack of storyline dealing with the Lessers and the addition of another Brotherhood type fighting team. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that there was so many side stories. We had the storylines of Manny and Payne and their romance, V, Jane and Butch dealing with their issues, Xcor and the other team of warriors coming to Caldwell, Qhuinn dealing with his feelings for Blay and the cops tracking the serial killer. I felt like all of these extra stories really took away from Manny and Payne. One of two would have been great, but there were just so many. This book also left us with a lot more loose ends than the Brotherhood books leave us with. I am looking forward to the next book coming out and some of these stories wrapping up.